Better late than never, here are your weekend announcements.
1. First essays. I have finally finished grading the first formal essay. You should have received an e mail with a copy attached with grade and comments. Please let me know if you have any questions about the essays. However, the goal is that you can take some of the principles learned from the first essay and apply them to the second. Things like close reading, establishing a microcosmic-macrocosmic relationship, and integrating a They Say, I Say structure are important maneuvers.
2. Final essays. Remember that I have extended the deadline for the final essay. It will be due to me via e mail by the end of the day on Wednesday, June 8 (11:59 PM). Let me know if you have any questions before that deadline arrives.
3. Final exam. I’ve posted the study guide to the final exam on the website. Be sure to take note of it, and as always, raise questions before the exam. We’ll spend some time in class tomorrow talking about the structure of the exam if needed.
4. Final free-form article checkpoint. Remember that tomorrow is the final deadline for free-form articles. At the end of the day, all contributed free form articles will not “count” toward the grade average.
5. Podcast for extra credit. It’s still not too late to propose a podcast episode and schedule a recording with me. The option is still there, if anyone wants to take advantage.
6. “Midterm” grade report. Tomorrow I will finally hand out an assessment of where your grade is. Again, better late than never. I will say more about it in class.